New Trade Rule

Go down

New Trade Rule

Post by JakeD42 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:32 am

I guess your not allowed to trade with Spurs owner anymore till he plays 3 more games, unless you are Kings, Wizards (W00kle) and Lakers (Still) who traded before this mysterious rule was put into place. Check out my trade that unfortunately didn't make this make shift deadline. R.Westbrook (86) and Kevin Martin (81) for Cp3 (95) and Raja Bell (70) +2 overall for Spurs owner, trade was accepted yet wont be processed till Spurs plays 3 more games. Please tell me if you think this is fair or unfair. There is completely no staking of teams going on. Still has said himself that Spurs contacted him to tell him that he wouldn't be able to get on xbox till friday because of finals or something. Yes he hasn't played a game still but he's been extremely active on team pages and trade blocks and even in chat. Spurs even had a trade accepted and processed just yesterday less than 24 hours yet my trade wont be processed till he plays 3 games. Please I really wanna know your opinions is this fair? I know I'm flipping out a little but I planned on playing games tomorrow with Cp3 but now I have to wait till Spurs plays 3 games. Extremely unfair and contradicting seeing that the admin that wont process the trade, processed a trade between himself and Spurs just 2 days ago, when the Spurs had only 2 games played. Just somethign to think about. Feel really cheated right now. I like playing in this league and the owners are all sick ppl are making great team pages but this is a little retarded if you ask me. New rules can be implement whenever?

JakeD42

Back to top Go down

Re: New Trade Rule

Post by madhops on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:47 am

I agree, not sure why other trades with the spurs went through and this wouldn't.

I think there needs to be a little more input from the entire league when changes are to be made (IE reset of games for new owners, trade games played minimums, etc).

We seem to be getting close to having a full 24 guys who will put the time in and make this fun a league, let's not alientate owners with arbitrary rule changes without any discussion.
madhops

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeD42 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:10 am

Thanks madhops and I totally agree.

JakeD42

Back to top Go down

Post by joko78 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:43 am

That seems to go against the spirit of this league. According to Latin, he has a valid excuse for not playing games and a timeframe for when he will be able to. He's made plenty of team moves including trades. Now all of a sudden with zero league input (which is the part that is most troublesome) this rule gets put into effect? Im sure the motivation is to get the spurs to play but if he already stated why he isn't and when he will then how does this help in any way? It seems really unfair especially when he's made recent trades including one with Latin. I don't think Latin is doing anything corrupt it not his style but he REALLY should reconsider. This was gone about all wrong and decision doesn't make any sense in my opinion.
joko78

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeD42 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:39 pm

Thank you joko for your opinion and yeah I agree I'm not trying to call out Latin for being corrupt or anything, Latin is good shit without him this league would be nothing lol. I just want to show the unfair treatment of putting in new rules on a whim

JakeD42

Back to top Go down

Post by Stillatin144 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Not allowing the Spurs to play until he has 5 games played is NOT a new rule. I am trying to motivate the spurs owner to start playing his league games. We are currently in the 3rd week of the season and Spurs owner has only gotten 2 games when this trade was going to go down.

Now you should understand that he has been getting in contact with me throughout the last few weeks letting me know the reason that he was not able to play was due to school and finals. I acknowledge his situacion and allowed him to build his team through trades while he was also focus in school. Any other owner would have been BOOTED by this point.

Boywonder told me that he was going to be able to start playing on friday once all his work was done and it is currently Tuesday and he has only played one game during this time period.

I have already accepted the trade between Jake and Boywonder. The trade will go through, but I made it an incentive for boywonder to start getting games in by putting a point in the season where he can start trading again.

Jake has made the point that Boywonder does not want to play until he has all the pieces that he wants. Well if every team worked that way then JOKO would not be around the 30 game mark right now and the league would be at a stand still having everyone make trades and not play one game.

I made the decision for the benefit of the league not to go against any one team. If Boywonder is just interested in making trades as if this is a Yahoo fantasy basketball league and not into playing games then we will have to start looking for another owner. I am more interested in getting a good core 24 owners in the league for the second season so that everything can run smoothly than to look out for a certain owner. This is the inaugural season and everything is in BETA form. I want to be able to start the second season and not have any problems with inactive owners, or owners that do not want to play any games.

As I said before the decision I made was not a new rule but a decision to use my administrative power to encourage boywonder to start playing games otherwise he would be kicked out and replaced by an owner who actually plays games.

Still
Stillatin144
Admin

http://isbl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joko78 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:41 pm

Still,

Thanks for clarifying the situation. Why has he not been booted then since you say yourself that any one else would have been booted? It's in the rules to be active and to try and be active and at least play about 4 games a week. This means everyone should be at about 12 games by now minimum. I understand that he was in contact and there was good reason but you'd think that he'd attempt to play more than one game between sunday and today to make up for lost time. There's been plenty of guys on. Trying to get his team straight is an unacceptable reason to refrain from playing the minimum amount of games. Im with you Latin, I think once all is said and done we will have a strong group of 24 for season 2. This is all justv part of the process. Boywonder better step up and show he is as committed as everyone else or time to find a replacement in my opinion. That needs to happen immediately.
joko78

Back to top Go down

Post by Stillatin144 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:58 pm

The main reason that boywonder has not been booted yet was due to his activity within the forum and also because he has been keeping me up to date on his situacion with school and finals.

Boywonder is a great owner when it comes to activity with in the forum but like I said before we are not having a yahoo fantasy basketball league where all you do is trade players around like a card game. You must also be able to get your games in while going through the process of building your team. Having only 2 games in a span of 3 weeks is unacceptable. Plus Boywonder has stated that he was able to play since friday so having just one game played during this time period is also unacceptable.

The trades that went through with Boywonder earlier was during the time that he stated that he was not able to play at all due to finals. I was pleased to find out that even though he did not have the time play that he would still be in the forum setting his team up so that it would be ready when he was able to play.

As demonstrated below you are able to see that Boywonder had only played 2 games yet already made 4 trades to date. He was already going to make his 5th trade and had yet to play his 3rd game. the trade that was made between Boywonder and myself happened on Saturday a day after he was suppose to start playing and I saw he was building his team so that he would be able to start playing. However the stall trade happened on Monday December 13th, 2010 late in the night to encourage boywonder to start playing games.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Just to add to the fact, ever since I made the decision last night to stall the trade until he has played 3 more games, boywonder is currently already reaching that mark. He has completed his games played and the trade will go through.

I want to make it clear that I am disappointed in my hand picked moderator who has been much more concerned about his trade going through rather then getting an owner to start playing his games. Everyone should be encouraging one another to play games so that the league continues to flow well so the first season can finish quickly, and I totally expect this from the moderators in the forum. I am not sure why Jake has made such a big deal for a stalled trade which the tactic has currently worked since Boywonder has started getting his game in since the decision was made last night.
Stillatin144
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeD42 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:44 pm

I did have a hefty write up but you know what I could care less now he has reached your set # of games just please process the trade/trades there are 5 pending, thank you.

JakeD42

Back to top Go down

Post by Stillatin144 on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:04 am

There was never a new trade rule. Topic is locked.
Stillatin144
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down