31% 31% 
[ 5 ]
69% 69% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 16

On Ball Defense

Post by Stillatin144 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:33 pm

Hey guys,

We are holding a vote to see if we should implement a rule "On Ball D".

Please make your case below and vote.

Admin

Last edited by Stillatin144 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Stillatin144
Admin

http://isbl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: On Ball Defense

Post by Riggs144 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:19 am

while on ball D is preferable, it should not be mandated. I dont think a lot of people know how to do it and would get taken advantage of by stronger teams. my vote is no.
Riggs144

Back to top Go down

Post by madhops on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:01 am

I think it should be mandatory but not sure how it could be monitored / enforced.

My vote is Yes, but I have no idea how...
madhops

Back to top Go down

Post by Stillatin144 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:51 pm

madhops wrote:I think it should be mandatory but not sure how it could be monitored / enforced.

My vote is Yes, but I have no idea how...

The way "On Ball Defense" would be monitored and/or enforced would be how every other rule in the league is monitored and enforced. READ THE LAST PART OF THE LEAGUE RULES.

You warn the player once, if they continue to break the rule you record a replay in which they are breaking the rule and you finish the game. You should come to the Administrator or Moderator with your complaint and the proof (replay). The Administrator and/or Moderator would resolve the issue.

If you need help on uploading images and videos from the game onto 2ksports.com please let me know and I will show you how to do it.

Admin
Stillatin144
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madhops on Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:48 pm

Do the uploaded replays highlight which player the defense is/was controlling?
madhops

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:52 pm

i voted no even then im either way about it cuz i drafted Dwight Howard for a reason and inforcing me to play away from him is taking his Defense value down. On the other hand i see why people like on ball D so the cpu doesn't do work for u. also alot of people consider sim on ball D so it would just be good for the league todo it for future owners

Back to top Go down

Post by Stillatin144 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:10 pm

We will need more people to vote on to see if this rule will take place with in the league games.
Stillatin144
Admin

Back to top Go down

Please explain...

Post by joko78 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:46 pm

By "on the ball D", do you mean that the user always has to switch to the guy who is closest to the ball and cover him? Or does it mean that you can't take the guy who is supposed to be on the ball handler and play off the ball? I guess my question is....can the computer play the ball handler defensively? I usually like to use one player on defense. In my case it would be Noah, which is a main reason I drafted him. I am a new player. My first year playing 2k and bought the game a month ago. I love it. Usually this time of year NOTHING can get me away from Madden. Don't think Im an automatic "W" though. I'm getting decent. LOL! But seriously, If i had to always guard the ball, my entire roster would be injured with broken ankles.
joko78

Back to top Go down

Post by Stillatin144 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:10 pm

hahaa,

yeah "on the ball d" means that every time an offensive player passes the ball you would have to also switch defensive players to the guy whos closest to the ball. You would have to keep switching players until the opponents offensive possesion is over and you either get a rebound, a turnover, or they score a basket.
Stillatin144
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:13 am

there is a way to tell if a player is playing on ball defense.

you know if ur opponenet is playing onball defense by looking at the man who has the ball. When u have the ball there is a circle under that player, if ur opponent is gaurding u you will see a second circle under the player who has the ball on the inside of the circle that was already there. So if your opponent is gaurding u you should see two circles under the player with the ball

Back to top Go down

Post by Stillatin144 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:17 pm

o iNSaYNe o wrote:there is a way to tell if a player is playing on ball defense.

you know if ur opponenet is playing onball defense by looking at the man who has the ball. When u have the ball there is a circle under that player, if ur opponent is gaurding u you will see a second circle under the player who has the ball on the inside of the circle that was already there. So if your opponent is gaurding u you should see two circles under the player with the ball

Thank you o iNSaYNe o, I never noticed that ring around the players during online play. I will take a look at it next time I am online. Appreciate the information.
Stillatin144
Admin

Back to top Go down

having an on ball d rule is unnecessary

Post by DEVAST8NG on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:02 am

There are cases when on ball D needs to be played and there are situations where it would be detrimental to play it. It shouldn't be used all the time.
DEVAST8NG

Back to top Go down

Post by Stillatin144 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:12 am

DEVAST8NG wrote:There are cases when on ball D needs to be played and there are situations where it would be detrimental to play it. It shouldn't be used all the time.

I agree, this goes well with a team in which they are only using one guy to score. You may want to shadow that guy and prevent him from getting the ball. It may not be On Ball D but you are still playing D.
Stillatin144
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stillatin144 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:18 pm

On Ball D has been voted down. Thread closed.
Stillatin144
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down