ISBL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Denver Nuggets

4 posters

Go down

Denver Nuggets Empty Denver Nuggets

Post by JakeD42 Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:13 pm

Denver Nuggets Drosep10

With the Nuggets first pick they took Derrick "Pooh" Rose, a young and very talented point gaurd with a bright future.

JakeD42

Back to top Go down

Denver Nuggets Empty Nuggets Draft Day

Post by JakeD42 Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:17 am

Denver Nuggets Nugget10
Nuggets owner E. Stanley Kroenke "Quality Stache"

1st Derrick Rose PG 88
2nd Kevin Martin SG 80
3rd Eric Gordon SG 79
4th Serge Ibaka PF 78
5th LaMarcus Aldridge PF 77
6th Dorell Wright SF 73
7th Jared Dudley SF 71
8th Andris Biedrins C 70
9th Hasheem Thabeet C 60
10th Larry Sanders PF 66
11th Goran Dragic PG 68
12th James Jones SF 58

Post draft thoughts; with the first three picks I really wanted to solidify my backcourt with three very talented guards, by taking Kevin Martin and Eric Gordon back to back seems questionable seeing that they are listed at the same position but with K-Mart being listed as 6'7" he fits right in as the starting Small Forward. With the 4th round pick I took Power Forward Serge Ibaka or "Iblocka". In the 5th round I was looking to pick up a natural center but when I saw that LaMarcus Aldridge was still on the board I couldn't resist such a steal. In the 6th and 7th round I took two Small Forwards off the board Dorrell Wright/Jared Dudley, a real 1...2.. punch off the bench. In the 8th and 9th round I went back to back big men Andris Biedrins and Hasheem Thabeet, Biedrins will come in off the bench first because he's a proven vetern that grabs boards and disrupts shots. Grabbing Hasheem "The Dream" in the 9th round was such a steal in my opinion only a 60 rating overall but you can't learn height, he has the potential to do great things. Taking Larry Sanders in the 10th round was picture perfect, he may not see playing time right away but I believe in the kid and I know he'll find minutes. With only two rounds left it was important to get a hold of a great late round Point Guard and Goran Dragic is just what I was looking for defense first type of guy. Now the 12th round is no joke, you don't pick players just cause its the 12th round! James Jones is an incredible shooter and you know he's getting the late game nod in close situations.

JakeD42

Back to top Go down

Denver Nuggets Empty Nuggets Roster

Post by JakeD42 Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:14 pm

Roster

Starting Lineup
PG- John Wall
SG- Manu Ginobili
SF- Kevin "K-Mart" Martin
PF- Serge "Iblocka" Ibaka
C- M.Spreights

6th Man (Big Man)- Larry Sanders PF

6th Man (SG/SF)- Wilson Chandler/Jared Dudley (Milk Dud), Whoever is feeling it gets the nod.

Role Players:
PG Goran Dragic
PF Jordan Hill
C Hasheem "The Dream" Thabeet

Bench Players:
SF James Jones

Last edited by JakeD42 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:08 pm; edited 3 times in total

JakeD42

Back to top Go down

Denver Nuggets Empty Nuggets vs. Rockets

Post by JakeD42 Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:00 pm

Denver Nuggets Nugget14

Recap:

Nuggets came out strong posting a 22 point 1st quarter, but Rocket's defense put the kabosh on their parade. Rockets GM (FreeSilva) made some great defensive adjustments after the 1st quarter forcing the Nuggets to turn it over 16 times. The 4th quarter was full of excitement, both teams were going back and forth. With 20 seconds left Rockets had the ball down by two, ball was in John Walls hands and he was running down the clock, it wasn't till the clock was under 10 when he made his move, scoring a bucket with 0.7 seconds left. Nuggets Coach George Karl called a timeout, off the timeout they were trying to get the ball into Kevin Martin for a quick shot but the defense of Battier was on beatable, just barely getting the ball in before they got a 5 second violation right into the hands of rising start Derrick Rose. "Pooh" threw up a shot well beyond the 3pt arc, and it was money a game winner...but only if he had 0.1 more seconds. That's right the clock ran out, Nuggets and Rockets went into OT tied at 66. Nuggets went into OT looking grim seeing how the Rockets had taken ever quarter since the first, but Nuggets weren't gonna go down with out a fight. Nuggets posted a 15 point OT quarter to win 81-72.

Post Game Press Conference:

Reporter #1: Coach Karl, What happened after the 1st quarter?

Coach Karl: Listen, We played great being that its the first game of the season against a very talented Rockets team. That being said we got very sloppy, too many turnovers.

Reporter #2: Derrick Rose, big game tonight you really filled the stat sheet, 24 points 10 assits 5 rebounds and 2 steals. How does it feel to be named player of the game?

Derrick Rose: You missed one of the biggest stats of the night....I had 7 turnovers....I can't being going out and having that many turnovers and expect us to win. In my opinion you people got it wrong, my boy LA should get the player of the game, he was clutch down the stretch.

Reporter #3: Coach Karl, Can you tell us why you decided to start Thabeet in Overtime?

Coach Karl: Hasheem has been putting in the extra hours at the gym and really proving himself in practice. I was looking for a more defensive approach and wanted someone in there to scare them out of the paint. In no way shape or form saying that LaMarcus is a poor defender but I'm the Coach and Wall and Wall and George were killing us in the paint.

Reporter #4: LaMarcus, How'd it feel being benched for overtime?

LaMarcus Aldridge: Coach Karl is a fantastic coach don't get me wrong but I was feeling it tonight....Luckily we still pulled through even with LA on the bench.

Media:

Denver Nuggets Rocket12

Denver Nuggets Rocket13
Big Z's getting on the poster!

Denver Nuggets Rocket16
Air Gordon

Denver Nuggets Rocket17
Thabeet! Poor excuse for defense.

JakeD42

Back to top Go down

Denver Nuggets Empty Re: Denver Nuggets

Post by Silvasurfa Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:05 pm

Awesome accurate recap

Silvasurfa

Back to top Go down

Post by Stillatin144 Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:23 pm

Great Recap JakeD. I will be giving you a positive for these post. Get your reputation up.
Stillatin144
Stillatin144
Admin

https://isbl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Denver Nuggets Empty Nuggets vs. Knicks

Post by JakeD42 Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:26 pm

Denver Nuggets Nugget15

Recap:

This was an awful game for Nuggets big men, they couldn't protect the paint what so ever, allowing Knicks to score 44 of there 58 points in the paint. Iggy led all scorers with 25 points, 24 coming from within the paint. Strong points for the Nuggets was Larry Sanders off the backboard dunk and Derrick Rose only have 2 turnovers after his 7 turnover performance against the Rockets, and Jared "Milk Dud" Dudley having a great performance off the bench being tied for team leading scorer with 12 pts while shooting 63% from the field. After this game you can expect Dudley to being getting the first call off the bench as long as he keeps producing these types of performances. Don't be surprised if you see Nuggets GM JakeD42 try and make roster changes after tonight.

Reporter #1: Coach Karl, What happened out there?

Coach Karl: We couldn't protect the paint, and there players overpowered and out hustled ours. 76% of there points were in the paint, that's unacceptable. You can expect there to be a lot of weight training tomorrow.

Reporter #2: Coach Karl, Do you feel that not having a natural center in your starting lineup hurts you?

Coach Karl: I agree we don't have a natural center in our starting rotation, now don't confuse yourselves, LaMarcus and Serge are doing great things for us. I believe in them and I think we can make it work.

Reporter #3: LaMarcus, you got the start tonight but limited to only 15 mins of playing time, do you think that affected the outcome of the game?

LaMarcus Aldridge: Man.....I don't know what Coach Karl is thinking. LA on the bench is the reason we lost, I'm too talented of a player to be sitting on the bench, you can call me arrogant but its ight cause I know who I am, and I ain't no scrub.

Denver Nuggets Gordon10
Gordon skys for a slam jam.

JakeD42

Back to top Go down

Post by joko78 Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:57 pm

Oh No! That's alot of PIP. Is that gonna be a problem?
joko78
joko78

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeD42 Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:03 am

joko78 wrote:Oh No! That's alot of PIP. Is that gonna be a problem?

hahaha no joko were cool, I'm not like that I should have stopped you and made you shoot it but I didn't, I just played shit defense.

JakeD42

Back to top Go down

Denver Nuggets Empty Nuggets vs. Trailblazers AKA Rip City

Post by JakeD42 Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:39 am

Denver Nuggets Nugget18

Recap:

Nuggets came out strong posting a 20-7 1st quarter, but they knew better to fall asleep on the Trail Blazers. Trail Blazers are #1 in ISBL and owner balkmancho proved why, after the 1st quarter, the Blazer made some defensive and offensive adjustments. Only allowing the Nuggets to score 10 points in the 2nd while scoring 15, cutting the nuggets lead to 8 and going into half in reaching distance 30-22. Nuggets have had trouble in the past coming out strong in the 3rd and wanted to focus on coming out and having a strong offensive and defensive 3rd, but to the dissappointment of owner JakeD42, Nuggets only scored 13 points while allowing the Trail Blazers to score almost double that amount. 4th quarter how ever was a shootout both teams focused less on defense and more on scoring. Nuggets posted a 20 point quarter however it wasn't enough to take a the lead back from the Trail Blazers. Nuggets had a chance to bring the game into overtime but Blazers defense swarmed Kevin Martin who was feeling it from downtown, cause him to double dribble. Game over 66-63. Nuggets unfortunately don't have another game against the Trail Blazer but hopes to see them in the Western Conference Finals at the end of the season.

Player of the Game: Rudy Gay, 27 points, 8 Rebounds, 4 assits and 1 steal. Gay shot 72% from the field and 66% from behind the arc in the 2nd half to keep the Trail Blazers undefeated.

Reporter #1: Coach Karl, What can you do to change you 3rd quarter droughts?

Coach Karl: It comes from our second unit, I can play the starters all 32 mins. I might have to make some changes to the starting lineup so we can have a scorer in the second unit.

Reporter #2: K-Mart can you tell us what happened with that last possesion?

Kevin "K-Mart" Martin: Coach had subbed in our 3pt unit and wrote up a play specifically for me, I got the ball in the corner but was swarmed by Josh Smith and Rudy Gay, they doubled me in the corner and once I figured out I couldn't dribble out of the double team I tried to pass to James Jones who was wide open, but Josh and Rudy played great D and I couldn't get him the ball and I knew the clock was winding down so I tried to make something happen and I ended up double-dribbling. This loss falls on my shoulders and I take full responsibility and pledge to never let it happen again. This was a big game for the team and I messed up.

Reporter #3: LA, once again you were limited to only 16 mins of playing time, but had a very effective game posting 6 points and leading the team in rebounds with 9. Can you tell us why you aren't getting more minutes?

LaMarcus "LA" Aldridge: I can't really tell you why, but I can tell you LA is unhappy in Denver and is looking for a bigger market team. LA is a brand and he can't be contained by these mountians. My talent is to good to be wasted sitting on the bench.

Media:

Denver Nuggets Gordon11

Denver Nuggets Get_ou10

Denver Nuggets Rosebl10

JakeD42

Back to top Go down

Denver Nuggets Empty Nuggets vs. Warriors

Post by JakeD42 Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:09 pm

Denver Nuggets Nugget19

Recap:

Nuggets take first beating of the season getting blown out by the Warriors 71-57, Nuggets kept it interesting till the 4th quarter and then Bill Walker went banana's, shooting lights outs. Bill Walker had 18 points and shot 75% from the field and a stunning 86% from 3 point land (6 of 7). It was a Bill Walker 3 party and the Nuggets were invited. It was the first time this season that the Nuggets have played a team with such a deep bench. The Warriors bench scored 60% of there points and shot 71% from the field.

Reporter #1: Coach Karl, What was different about the 4th quarter than the rest of the game?

Coach Karl: Bill Walker was the differnce, kid had the game of his life, shooting 6/7 from behind the arc while our team struggled offensively.

Reporter #2: Coach Karl, thats 3 losses in a row, are we going to see any roster changes?

Coach Karl: It's early in the season, we just need to weather the storm and look forward. These games are behind us and we are going to be ready for our next match up.

Media:

JakeD42

Back to top Go down

Denver Nuggets Empty Nuggets vs. Heat

Post by JakeD42 Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:12 pm

Denver Nuggets Nugget20

Recap:

Nuggets came out and posted a strong 1st half 35-25 but same old problems still bother the Nuggets. They just barely missed lossing another one because of poor 2nd half performances. Nuggets were outscored by 9 points in the 2nd half, but thanks to Kevin Martin the Nuggets get the W. Ben Gordon hit a shot with 20 seconds left to put the Heat up by 1, but leaving the Nuggets with the last possesion. Nuggets new to get it in the hands of K-Mart he was hot all game and they did just that, K-Mart ran down the clock and hit a foul line jumper with 0.7 second left on the clock. The heat got the ball into Gordon and he threw up a prayer but the clock ran out before he got the shot off. Nuggets take it 68-67. Player of the game goes to Kevin Martin putting up 28 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 steals.

Reporter #1: Kevin Martin, how did it feel hitting that game winner?

Kevin Martin: Feels great, redemption! I was glad that Coach trusted me to take the last shot after my performance against the Trail Blazers. He could have chosen D Rose or Eric but he went with me and I wasn't going to dissappoint him.

Reporter #2: LaMarcus, you didn't get the start today and only got 12 mins of playing time, What are you thinking about your future in Denver?

LaMarcus Aldridge: Man Coach must be high, I can ball and I deserve a team that wants to play this talent not waste it. I've already spoken to GM JakeD42 and told him that I want out.

Reporter #2: Coach Karl, why are you limiting Aldridge's playing time and even having him coming off the bench?

Coach Karl: Can you believe Kevin Martins shot? LA is great player and a great talent I really like his game, but he knows why he's not getting the playing time and I feel like this will be handled internally.

Media:

JakeD42

Back to top Go down

Post by joko78 Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:59 pm

Jake this page is sweet as hell bro! Nice shot by K-Mart! Can't wait to see what happens with the LA saga. LOL
joko78
joko78

Back to top Go down

Denver Nuggets Empty Nuggets vs. Bucks (Fear the Deer)

Post by JakeD42 Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:47 am

Denver Nuggets Nugget21

Recap:

Both teams came out playing hard nose defense, no one scored till the 5 min mark and ended the first quarter 13-9. Nuggets ended the half however down by one 24-23 probably one of the lowest scoring haves by both teams in this season of the ISBL. After halftime was a different story the Bucks came out and post 20+ points in the last two quarters. The game was closed and looked like it was going to be a nail bitter until Nuggets played perfect defense causing Dwight Howard to throw up a 17 footer with 1 second left on the shot clock, Nuggets tried to foul there way back but it was too late. Bucks take it 65-60. Derrick Rose had an awful game shooting 6 for 23 and Eric Gordon was off his game shooting 2-10. Kevin Martin thank god kept them in it shooting 10/18 and posting 24 points. Notables for the Bucks were Dwight Howard who had 17 points , 6 boards and 3 blocks, Jamal Crawford had 14 shooting 55% hitting 3 of 4 from downtown. Also, Boobie Gibson had a great game coming off the bench with 8 points and 4 assists.

Reporter #1: Coach Karl, What hurt you tonight?

Coach Karl: Shot selection, we need to spread the ball around more. We also need to hit open shots we just couldn't get a lot of them to fall tonight, especially from behind the arc shooting 16%.

Reporter #2: Derrick Rose, Can you tell us what the Bucks defense did too make you shoot so poorly?

Derrick Rose: Bucks played great defense but they were also giving me open looks, I just wasn't hitting tonight. You can gaurentee I'll be in the gym all day tomorrow working on my jumper.

Reporter #3: LaMarcus Aldridge, you didn't get the start tonight and came off the bench for only 4 minutes of playing time, Whats your thoughts?

LaMarcus Aldridge: I told Coach I didn't want to play at all I'm surprised he put me in. I wasn't trying to do to much out there didn't want to get hurt before I went to my new team. Good bye Denver.

Media:

Denver Nuggets Dwight10
Dwights hit med range jumpers? Didn't know that.

Denver Nuggets Kmartb10

Rose Shakes his man then drains it, Rose out rebounds D Howards and throws it down hard, D Rose shoots over backboard.

LOL

JakeD42

Back to top Go down

Denver Nuggets Empty Nuggets Press Conference

Post by JakeD42 Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:52 am

Denver Nuggets Jaked410

Nuggets GM JakeD42 held a press conference earlier to announce his trade with the New York Knicks.

JakeD42: Hey everyone, thanks for coming. I'd like to announce that the Nuggets have traded LaMarcus Aldridge (77) and Dorrell Wright for Wilson Chandler (79) and David West (75). LA has shown his displeasure with Coach Karl these first few games and I don't need that type of attitude ruining the teams chemistry, plus I'm bringing in Wilson Chandler who is just a dynamic player and David West who is LA without the baggage.

Reporter #1: JakeD42 with your new addition how are you going to figure out the lineup? Right now Kevin Martin is your starting SF and your bring in Chandler, are you going to have problems picking who gets the start?

JakeD42: Well thats up to Coach Karl, that's why I hired him.

Reporter #2: JakeD42 with LA out of Denver is your roster set or do you plan on making more changes?

JakeD42: I'm the GM its my job to put a championship caliber team together, I'm always open to offer from other Owners/GM's and I'm always trying to shop my guys around. So I doubt it.

Reporter #3: LA, you finally got what you wanted your out of Denver and on your way too NY. How does it feel being a New York Knick?

LaMarcus Aldridge: Its about time, I'm ready to go to New York and show em what LA's all about. I'm excited to play with the talents of J Kidd and Iggy, I know I'm gonna fit in up there perfect.

Reporter #4: Dorrell Wright, your a New York Knick, surprised you got traded?

Dorrell Wright: This is a business and I totally understand, I had a great time with the Nuggets organization but I'm a Knick now and I'm gonna go up there and do what I do best and thats knock down shots.

JakeD42

Back to top Go down

Post by Stillatin144 Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:05 am

Hahahahha, best team page in the league... That interview with the general manager had me rolling. Good one JakeD!
Stillatin144
Stillatin144
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joko78 Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:04 am

Lmao! Good shit Jake! Look forward to these always!
joko78
joko78

Back to top Go down

Denver Nuggets Empty Nuggets vs. Knicks Round 2

Post by JakeD42 Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:12 pm

Denver Nuggets Nugget23

Recap:

LaMarcus Aldridge seeked revenge on his old team the Denver Nuggets tonight as the New York Knicks take it to the Nuggets once again. Scoring a plethora points in the paint, once again. 41% of there points came from the paint, this seems to be one the Nuggets biggest weaknesses. Iggy had another big game, 24 points and 8 rebounds, while both ex-Nuggets had big games for the Knicks too. LA had 12 points and 7 rebounds, while Dorrell Wright posted 10 points shooting 4/8 and had 4 rebounds. Shinning light for the Nuggets was Eric Gordon who came off the bench and scored 15 points while shooting 50%. The newly attained Denver Nuggets however saw limited court time and didn't contribute too much. Nuggets are now on a two game slide and look to rebound.

Reporter #1: JakeD42, both people you traded had great games against you tonight, yet the two people you got didn't show up, What are you feeling right now?

JakeD42: LA had a big game, its early in our season and we just took on two guys that don't know our system that well. LA can say what you want but I believe I removed a cancer from this team and once our roster is set the Denver Nuggets are going to be a force.

Reporter #3: Coach Karl, you started Wilson Chandler over Nugget favorite Eric Gordon, Can you tell us why?

Coach Karl: We have had a hard time scoring with our second unit this season and I knew Eric could really be a spark off the bench. Plus defensively I wanted to match up against there height with Iggy and Wright.

Reporter #3: JakeD42, rumors have it your shopping around Derrick Rose, is this true?

JakeD42: Like I've said before I'm open to offers I'm trying to build a Championship caliber team. Everyone is up for sale and no one is safe they have to earn there spots on my roster. Except Serge he's my boy.

Media:

JakeD42

Back to top Go down

Denver Nuggets Empty Nuggets Press Conference

Post by JakeD42 Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:32 pm

Denver Nuggets Jaked411

JakeD42: I'm proud to announce that the Nuggets have come to a trade with the Indiana Pacers. The Nuggets traded there marquee player Derrick Rose, Eric Gordon, Andris Biedrins and newly attained David West for Manu Ginobili, John Wall, Jordan Hill, and Marreese Sprieghts. A huge four team swap but we feel confortable we made the right decision and are excited to have the newly attained talent. Now for the press my wife made her delicious three cheese tortellini so nothing further.

Denver Nuggets Nugget24

JakeD42

Back to top Go down

Post by joko78 Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:23 pm

LMAO!!! Three Cheese Tortellini!!!
joko78
joko78

Back to top Go down

Post by Stillatin144 Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:33 pm

it has been put in the team article section, you have gained 200 FA points.
Stillatin144
Stillatin144
Admin

Back to top Go down

Denver Nuggets Empty Indiana out pace Nuggets in 70-58 rout

Post by JakeD42 Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:43 am

game recap coming

JakeD42

Back to top Go down

Denver Nuggets Empty Nuggets don't bow down to King James

Post by JakeD42 Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:51 am