ISBL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golden State Warriors Team Page

2 posters

Go down

Golden State Warriors Team Page Empty Golden State Warriors Team Page

Post by madhops Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:20 am

Golden State Warriors Team Page Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRA0pkj4m9NqEiaryZuhxoewiYLquuucsQuWLuZ_kEMvDccOOQbDA

Starters:

PG Tyreke Evans 'The Freak'
SG Stephen Curry 'Babyfaced Assassin'
SF Andrei Kirilenko 'AK47'
PF Pau Gasol 'Pow!'
C JaVale McGee 'Beast Mode'

The Bench Mob:

PG Rodney Stuckey 'Stuck-Stuck-Stuckey!'
SG Bill Walker 'The Thrill'
SF Anthony Morrow 'From Way Downtown - Bang'
PF Al-Farouq Aminu 'The Chief has Arrived'
C Deandre Jordan 'DHoward Stunt Double'

Matchup plays:

PF Hakim Warrick 'Beanpole'
PF James Johnson 'JSquared'

Last edited by madhops on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:33 pm; edited 4 times in total
madhops
madhops

Back to top Go down

Golden State Warriors Team Page Empty Warriors outlast Celtics in 2OT thriller in Boston

Post by madhops Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:22 am

Boston, MA - In what may have been the game of the young season, the Golden State Warriors were able to steal a double-overtime victory on the road against the Boston Celtics, 107-96.

The hype going into the game centered around two of the leagues most exciting young guards, Stephen Curry and Rajon Rondo, going head to head. They didn't disappoint, each dominating both sides of the ball - and the boxscore. Double R finished with the seasons first triple double, tallying 19 points, 20 assists, 12 rebounds and 7 steals. The Babyfaced Assassin answered with 31 points, including 10 in the OT sessions, 6 assists, 6 rebounds and 8 steals.

Golden State Warriors Team Page M3476412
Rondo skies in for 2.

The game turned when Rondo fouled out with just under 3 minutes to go in the second OT. Curry sank both free throws and the Warriors closed out the game with an 11-0 run.

The two phenoms were not the only story as players on both sides stuffed the stat sheet, in a game that saw numerous team and individual season-highs set. Pau Gasol just missed a triple double of his own, dropping 23 points (including the game-tying bucket with 4 seconds in regulation), 9 rebounds and 9 steals and threw in 3 blocks and 2 assists for good measure. JaVale McGee began to show why the Warriors paid such a high price to get him included in the J-Rich deal, posting 19 points (7/8, 5/5), 13 rebounds and 3 blocks.

Golden State Warriors Team Page M3475508
JaVale reminds Calderon they just tied the game with 4 seconds to go.

For the Celts, Terrence Williams was strong with 15-7-4, and Von Wafer gunned his way to 24 points on 23 shots. Trevor Ariza was solid with 12-9-5, but was repeatedly abused in the paint by Pau.

Golden State Warriors Team Page M3476395
Ariza kisses the sky and kicks Tyreke to the bench.

One player happy with the result but not their individual effort was Tyreke 'The Freak' Evans. He struggled with his shot throughout the game, ending up with 12 points, 11 assists and 5 rebounds on 5-19 shooting and was replaced in overtime with Bill Walker. "I need to find a way to stay effective despite these rule changes. My game is going hard to the rack and getting to the line. Teams know I can't do that, forcing me to shoot jumpers, and I have to adjust."

Look for more fireworks when Boston visits Oakland and these two squads get to running up and down the floor again.
madhops
madhops

Back to top Go down

Golden State Warriors Team Page Empty Hornets sting Golden State in the Big Easy, 79-77

Post by madhops Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:06 pm

New Orleans LA - Michael Beasley has heard all the whispers since he entered the league as the number 2 overall pick - wasted talent chief among them.

Saturday, he took a big step toward quieting them with a his best performance to date with New Orleans. He scored 27 points on 11/18 shots and a career high 6 assists in taking down the stumbling Warriors.

"When I'm not thinking, the game's easy for me," B-Easy was quoted as saying. "Tonight, they were focused on stopping Steve. That left me open and I made them pay."

Golden State Warriors Team Page M3484610
Beasley shows off the sweet lefty stroke from outside.

Stephen Curry continued to impress since coming over from Miami to Golden State, torching the Hornets from all over the court for a total of 36 points and playing solid defense on one of the leagues premier point guards in Steve Nash.

Golden State Warriors Team Page M3484668
The Charlotte bench tries in vain to stop Curry from scoring.

"I really don't care about my numbers or personal battles. I want to win, and we're in a bit of a rut right now" Curry responded when asked about his success against the veteran Nash. "They got the W, so the boxscore doesn't really matter."

Golden State Warriors Team Page M3484568
Nash drills one from deep with a hand in his face.

"Curry has a bright future, but tonight I thought the story was about Michael. We're only going to go as far as he takes us," Nash added.

If this game is any indication, that could be a long trip through the playoffs.

Golden State Warriors Team Page M3484646
Curry warns Nash he won't be the best Steve in the NBA for much longer.
madhops
madhops

Back to top Go down

Golden State Warriors Team Page Empty Re: Golden State Warriors Team Page

Post by Stillatin144 Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:42 am

Best articles written all season within the whole league. Good Job Madhops!
Stillatin144
Stillatin144
Admin

https://isbl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Golden State Warriors Team Page Empty Home cooking gets Warriors on track, take down 76ers

Post by madhops Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Oakland, CA - Golden State snapped it's three game losing streak Sunday, defeating Philadelphia 87-72.

Stephen Curry once again led the way for the Dubs, scoring 31 points to go along with 3 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 steals while committing only 1 turnover. They used strong 1st and 4th quarters on their way to avenge a 3 point defeat earlier this season in Philly.

"It feels really good to get back home, get the fans behind us and get a win. This team never panics, but we needed this one bad," Curry shared after they game.

Golden State Warriors Team Page M3492611
Curry gets up to get down.

Pau Gasol agreed. "We have a young team after our early season trade. It's important we don't get too high or too low, it's a long season and we need to stay focused on each game." Pau contributed 18 points, 5 boards and 4 blocks to the cause.

Golden State Warriors Team Page M3492680
Gasol drops in a fadeaway over Amare Stoudemire.

For the 76ers, Stoudemire carried the load with 21 points and Johnny Flynn added 16. The loss was their second in a row, despite shooting 49% from the field and generally getting most of the open looks they wanted.

Golden State Warriors Team Page M3492690
Johnny Flynn uses two hands like his momma taught him.

"We need to get a better rhythm on both ends of the floor," Amare stated. "We got great scorers and good individual defenders, but need to develop our team chemistry to take that next step."

One player glad to get back to Oaktown was Tyreke Evans. During the 0-3 road trip, he went from being the main offensive initiator to riding the pine during OT in Boston. Sunday, he went back to his old ways, charging hard at the goal and getting to the line, compiling 22 points, 3 assists, 3 steals, and most importantly, 0 turnovers.

Golden State Warriors Team Page M3492689
Tyreke goes hard in the paint for 2.

"I know how to play this game, but adding new players always takes some time to get used to. Bottom line, we're going to be a force and I'm going to keep bringing it," a seemingly relieved Evans commented in the locker room.

While it's still not clear how this back court tandem of Curry and Evans will grow together, for one night at least, it led to a big win.

Golden State Warriors Team Page M3492677
Curry shows some emotion after banging a 3 in transition.

madhops
madhops

Back to top Go down

Post by Stillatin144 Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:52 pm

it has been put in the team article section, you have gained 200 FA points
Stillatin144
Stillatin144
Admin

https://isbl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Golden State Warriors Team Page Empty Rising Star: JaVale McGee

Post by madhops Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:30 am

AP - JaVale McGee is used to flying - under the radar and over the rim.

Coming out of Nevada, a school without much basketball history, it was easy to overlook him despite putting up gaudy numbers as a sophomore. Performances against Montana and Southwest Dakota State don't exactly get you credibility in NBA scouting circles, no matter how high you jump.

McGee always believed he could compete at the highest level in the NBA. He felt he just needed the opportunity.

"Coming out of college, I showed my abilities on a nightly basis. Just because I didn't play for Duke or North Carolina doesn't mean I can't ball," McGee stated during an interview earlier this week. "I just need to get on the floor with the best players in the world and show what I can do."

The Miami Heat offered him the opportunity to do just that when they selected him in the 8th round of the ISBL draft before this season.

"I was so excited to join their squad. With (Anderson) Varejao as the only other big, I thought for sure I would get some run,' JaVale recollected. "It just wasn't meant to be."

The Heat made some blockbuster early season trades that brought them Amare Stoudemire and Dirk Nowitzki, making McGee expendable. In 4 games with the Heat, he played a mere 4 minutes per game and didn't have much of an impact.

Then his luck changed again, being included in yet another deal by the Heat, one that saw him join Stephen Curry heading to Oakland in return for Jason Richardson and Nene.

"I really felt wanted and it was an honor to be seen as a key part of the team's future. I was nervous going to a new team, but it was Steph's third team in a few weeks, so we really helped each other through the process," McGee noted.

The early results have spoken for themselves. Immediately thrust into the starting frontline along side veterans Pau Gasol and Andrei Kirilenko, JaVale has thrived. Since coming over, he is averaging a modest 5.6 points, but adding 8.7 boards and a league leading 3.1 blocks per game. Some have even mentioned him in discussions for defensive player of the year, quite a turnaround for a player without a defined role just a few weeks earlier.

"JaVale brings so much energy to our team on the defensive end of the floor," Gasol noted when asked about McGee's impact on the team. "He sets the tempo by blocking shots, altering shots, and rebounding. That lets us get out and get some easy scores in transition."

Golden State Warriors Team Page M3512353
JaVale is matched up against the best bigs in the league every night.

Stephen Curry agrees. "With him, Pau and AK back there, it lets Tyreke and I gamble a little bit, knowing they are there to erase some of our mistakes."

Golden State Warriors Team Page M3521798
Stephen watches JaVale erase another mistake after getting burned by Kobe

JaVale is not a finished product by any means, and acknowledges that. "I can't think of a better dude to learn from then Pau Gasol. He's a vet, he's done it all and one of the best all-around big men in the game. I just come to work everyday and try to add a little bit and become a more complete player."

Golden State Warriors Team Page M3484620
No easy looks when you come into the paint against the Dubs.

As the Warriors come down the stretch, they certainly hope JaVale continues his progress and becomes the dominant big man they envisioned when they traded for him.
madhops
madhops

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down